I’ve officially entered my second trimester and with that brings some sweet relief! Chances of having a miscarriage are significantly lower, nausea has reduced, and food actually tastes good again! Here are some of the things that helped get me through those first 3 months:
- Tajin: this salty, sour, spicy seasoning is my addiction! Just thinking about it makes my mouth waters. Adding this to any fresh fruit was always a nice snack for me.
- Fresh Fruit: one of the only constants through the first trimester that always sounded appetizing. Oranges, apples, mango, pineapple, etc. were a great go to snack when I needed to eat constantly to help keep the nausea at bay.
- Saltines: when morning sickness was at it’s worst and nothing could make it go away, stuffing in a few crackers always seemed to ease my discomfort a little. I have a pack of these in the car, my purse, and next to the bed for those mornings when you’re stomach is angry before you’re even fully awake.
- H2O: I’ve never been much of a water drinker, I always found I’d get enough fluids through coffee, tea, juice or whatever else I was drinking that day. It was always such a chore for me to drink enough water. But now, that I’m pregnant I find I’m constantly thirsty and have to carry my water with me wherever I go. Guess baby knows best in this case, and he/she is one thirsty kid! However, the constant bathroom stops are pretty annoying!
- Netflix: Since we don’t have our TV connected to a cable service yet after moving, Apple TV and Netflix have been my distraction from those times I feel at my worst. I’m not kidding, there were moments when I couldn’t muster the will to move off the couch for hours at times because the slightest movement made me want to hurl.
- Babywise: I recommend this book to any parents who wish to sleep train their children with ease. I personally enjoy having a set schedule and knowing how to plan for the day ahead. With this book, they explain how to make this possible and to have a happy, healthy baby that will feed and rest well.
- Prenatal Vitamins: I take one each night before bed. Gotta stock up on all those nutrients! I’ve been taking them for the past year in preparation to get pregnant, so it’s just routine for me know.
- ASOS Maternity Leggings: if you haven’t caught on, the first trimester isn’t always pretty. Every night I’d get super bloated and swear I looked 6 months pregnant. The last thing I wanted to do was wear anything restricting, so these legging have been my comfort and joy. I’m not against buying maternity items now, comfort is key people!
And there you have it! For those mom’s out there, what were some of your first trimester survival items?